The German Theatre in Munich was opened on the 26. Septeber 1896. The programm offers a variety of dramatic and performing arts: musicals, operetta, ballet and concerts of international artists.
1896 Alexander Blum, Joseph Rank and Karl Stöhr built the theatre, which also was calles "Fairy Palace" in a neo-barock style. The Building complex included the theatre hall with 1679 seats, an event hall "Silver Hall", restaurants, a café´, a lot of shops and 30 flats.
1939 Paul Baugarten senior redecorated the theatre hall. On the 9.March 1943 the theatre was bombed and thus destroyed.
1951 the German Theatre Munich was reopenend after Ludwig and Willy Reiber party had reconstructed the building from 1949 until 1951. 1976-1982 Reinhar Riemerschmid redecorated the theatre hall in the pop art style. Deutsches Theater München Betriebs-GmbH